One of my favorite foods. I like to add some smoked paprika to give it a bit of a kick!
400g of new potatoes
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of milk
Bunch of Asparagas
A large handful of grated cheese of your choice (Manchego is good for a Spanish feel or plain English cheddar is fine!)
2tsp smoked paprika
1. Finely chop the onions and crush the garlic and saute in a lare deep frying pan until they start to soften.
2. Chop the potatoes in to small pieces (2 cm square ish) and add to the pan.
3. Saute for 10 minutes on a low heat and sprinkle with the smoked paprika and some salt. Cook until the potatoes are al dente.
4. Meanwhile beat the eggs together with themilk in a bowl and add the oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Add the asparagas to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the egg mixture ontop on the potatoes and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle on the cheese and arrange the asapragus on top then cook under a pre heated grill until the cheese starts to turn brown.
Serve with a green salad and a glass of rioja.